Updated January 19, 2016
Thank you for visiting the University of North Carolina General Administration website. The University of North Carolina encompasses 17 constituent institutions, each of which maintains a unique website. Although links to UNC campuses and other helpful resources are available on this website, this privacy statement applies only to the University of North Carolina General Administration. To learn about website privacy statements for individual campuses, please visit the institution's website.
Information Collected, Stored, and Reviewed
Currently, the University of North Carolina General Administration uses computer hardware and software resources in the collection, storing, and reviewing of the following information:
- General Web Traffic to include:
- Internet domains and IP addresses from which a visitor accesses our website.
- Types of browsers, operating systems, and devices used to access our website.
- Dates and times of access to our site.
- User behavior within our site; including pages, files, and directory structures visited per access and session activity.
- Referral domains (the website address from which you received referrals or linked from).
- Demographic and user interest information.
- Voluntarily-Provided User Information to include:
- Personal Contact Information necessary to reply to comments and requests for information.
- User-Identifying Information used to grant permission to use limited access content areas such as those for vendors and internal staff.
Relationship with Third-Party Services
- The University of North Carolina General Administration and authorized third-party vendors use first-party cookies or other first-party identifiers and third-party cookies or other third-party identifiers together to collect user information and provide users with requested services.
- The University of North Carolina General Administration uses Google Analytics to track users across our site. In compliance with Google’s Terms of Service, we do not attempt to collect or upload any data through Google Analytics that personally identifies any individual. To learn more about how Google captures and processes user information, please visit the website “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” by clicking here. Visitors can opt out of any Google Analytics features by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- The University of North Carolina General Administration uses Google Tag Manager to manage website tags in a single interface. The Tag Manager tool itself (which implements the tags) is a cookie-less domain and does not register personal data. The tool causes other tags to be activated which may register data under certain circumstances. Google Tag Manager does not access this information. If recording has been deactivated on a domain or cookie level, this setting will remain in place for all tracking tags implemented with Google Tag Manager.
The University of North Carolina General Administration website uses computer system software programs to monitor network traffic and to identify unauthorized attempts to upload, change, and/or otherwise cause damage. These attempts to cause damage could be subject to legal action.
This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically. In the event of any such update, the revised policy will be posted to the University of North Carolina General Administration website in a timely manner.